Updated on July 2021
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data when you use our Service. We will also detail the options you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve our Service. By using our Service, you agree to the collection and use of information as outlined on this page.
1. What data do we collect and how do we use them?
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your email address
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, time and date of your visit, time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies such as beacons, tags and scripts are used to collect and track information to analyse and improve our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some aspects of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you opt in
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable insights as tot how we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, unless you have opted out of receiving such information
If you consent, we may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
You may withdraw your consent to receive any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
2. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the GDPR
We may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
3. Retention of data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
4. Transfer of data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
5. Disclosure of data
1. Business Transaction
2. Legal Requirements
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend our rights or property
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of our Service and/or the general public
- To protect against legal liability
6. Security of data
The security of your data is important to us. In saying that, there is no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage that is 100% secure.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. Your data protection rights under the GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to us processing your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
8. Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to:
- Facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”) and, provide the Service on our behalf
These may be other VPN service providers who build on Mysterium Network and Mysterium Protocol.
- Assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We may use third party tools across marketing, product development and support functions. This could be Google Analytics, cookie tracking for retargeting marketing messages and more. Crash reporting for Mysterium VPN
Bug reporting within tools such as Zendesk, Intercom and more.
Personal data collection tools such as Typeform, Mailchimp and Intercom.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit https://policies.google.com/privacy.
Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager is a solution that allows marketers to manage website tags through a single interface. The tool Google Tag Manager itself (which implements the tags) is a cookieless domain and does not collect any personal data. The tool triggers other tags, which in turn may collect data. Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If deactivation has been made at the domain or cookie level, it will remain in effect for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit https://policies.google.com/privacy.
Microsoft Clarity is a technology service that helps us better understand users of our Service needs and to optimize our service and their experience (e.g. how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don't like, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our Service by means of user feedback.
For more information on how Microsoft uses your information, how to opt out, and how to protect your privacy, please visit the following Microsoft website: https://clarity.microsoft.com/terms.
2. Behavioral Remarketing
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. Learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page.
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA , the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe. Alternatively you can opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, read more about Facebook’s Data Policy.
Linkedin remarketing services is provided by LinkedIn Corporation. Please read more about Linkedin marketing solutions here. You can opt out of LinkedIn data collection and targeting cookies following the instructions here.
Reddit is a service run by Reddit, Inc. Please learn more about Reddit remarketing tools and how to opt out by visiting this page.
Twitter remarketing service is provided by Twitter Inc.You can opt-out from Twitter's interest-based ads by following their instructions: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170405
3. Personal data collection tools
Typeform service provided by TYPEFORM S. L. We use Typeform for conducting the surveys. For more information about Typeform's data processing, please refer to https://admin.typeform.com/to/dwk6gt.
Intercom service is provided by Intercom, Inc. We use Intercom for communication and analytics purposes. For more information on what type of information Intercom collects, see Intercom Terms and Policies: https://www.intercom.com/terms-and-policies#terms.
9. Links to other sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
10. Children's privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us.
If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
12. Contact us
"Us”, “we”, or “our”
This refers to Netsys Inc., a corporation (sociedad anónima) duly incorporated and in existence under the laws of the Republic of Panama, duly registered at the Public Registry of Panama under Electronic Folio 155663282
“Service” is the mysterium.network website operated by us.
“Personal Data” means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
“Usage Data” is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
“Cookies” are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
“Data Processor (or Service Provider)” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
“Data Subject” is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.